You've just invested a great deal of time & money on a great exhibition and now the orders will start pouring in - or not. For every lead that you have gathered, business card, completed info request form, enquiry etc., your competitors will probably have gathered the same. Potential and existing customers are now making their decisions about which product/service they may like to purchase. To make that decision they will probably need to speak to the potential supplier - but which one? It may well be decided by the speed and professionalism of the follow up response. Make it your Company.
Tips to gain maximum conversions from leads to sales:
- Enter leads onto a database
- Prioritise leads into existing & potential customers
- Allocate who will handle the follow up for each lead
- Acknowledge & thank every lead within 3 days of the event.
- This can be by email or phone call according to priority.
- At this stage it doesn't need to be the sales person responsible for that lead to call as this is an acknowledgement, so involve other members of staff.
- Plan the acknowledgement and, if possible, include a call to action - special offer or diarised appointment for sales person
- If there are more leads than can be acknowledged in that timescale consider using an outsourced telemarketing company
- Measure the results